Calling all anole researchers and fans! We’ve a singular alternative this fall that I wish to counsel we capitalize on. The Caribbean PARC (Companions in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation) assembly and the Puerto Rican Herpetology Symposium are at the moment being deliberate, tentatively for October 14-15 in Arecibo, Puerto Rico. I lately mentioned with one of many organizers, Alberto Puente, the opportunity of combining these two conferences with an Anole assembly. In any case, it’s been 5 years since our 2018 assembly in Miami, so we’re due for an additional meetup!
I’m right here to gauge your curiosity, however first, let me promote you on the deserves. I do know October is just a few brief months away, however combining forces with these different two teams in lovely, anole-laden Puerto Rico has its advantages:
- Researchers from everywhere in the Caribbean can be in attendance, with a robust effort by the organizers to usher in herpetologists from Cuba and Dominican Republic.
- There’s tons of anole analysis in Puerto Rico by native researchers and tons of nice herpetology as nicely! Will probably be an important alternative to study native analysis and conservation efforts and construct connections with college students and professors on the intensive UPR system.
- By combining forces we will have a a lot larger and numerous assembly!
- Puerto Rico has anoles! and bat searching boas! and dwarf geckos! So many wonderful herps! There can be herp outings!
- We’re engaged on arranging transportation and reasonably priced choices for housing.
Satisfied? Fill out this ballot and if there’s assist for this plan then I’ll tackle organizing it (after all, anybody who needs to assist out, let me know!). The format of such a gathering remains to be up within the air – combine totally? have someday per group? parallel periods? … So depart your suggestions, recommendation, ideas, warnings about how a lot work this can be, enthusiasm for the concept, affords to assist, and so forth. within the feedback under!