November 16, 2022
This put up is sponsored by Gussy’s Intestine. We solely suggest merchandise we all know and love, and all opinions expressed here are our personal.
Whereas interviewing Dr. Ian Billinghurst, the daddy of the uncooked pet food motion, we found he’s the senior advisor to Gussy’s Intestine. Dr. Billinghurst got here out of retirement to create the canine complement firm which produces a fermented and probiotic wealthy canine superfood topper referred to as “Every day”. He’s referred to as the product “the only most necessary improve to canine vitamin in over 25 years.”
They use the best high quality and most responsibly-sourced natural components. The complement is constituted of 19 superfoods that come from biodynamic, grass-fed, natural, and regenerative farms.
In contrast to uncooked greens, fermented meals like Gussy’s Intestine are simpler for canines to digest and their vitamins are extra accessible to them. Research present that canines usually given fermented meals typically have fewer allergic reactions, higher blood sugar ranges, and more healthy stools.
In case you are contemplating including a high-quality pet food topper to your pup’s food plan, or if you happen to merely wish to higher perceive the canine well being advantages of fermented meals, this DJANGO Canine Weblog article is for you. Right here is our complete overview of Gussy’s Intestine, the freeze-dried, probiotic wealthy pet food topper.
WHAT ARE FERMENTED FOODS?
Fermented meals are created from microbial progress—when micro organism and yeast flip sugars into alcohol, natural acids, or gases. Widespread fermented meals embody kefir, miso, kimchi, sauerkraut, and yogurt.
Fermentation generates ‘pleasant’, wholesome micro organism (often known as probiotics) and crowds out pathogenic or dangerous micro organism. In truth, these fermented meals are safer to eat than a salad at your favourite restaurant on account of their excessive acidity.
Fermented meals are generally recognized to advertise gastrointestinal well being in people and animals. For instance, L. bulgaricus is a probiotic pressure generally present in yogurt and is taken into account very useful for digestive well being and irritable bowel prevention and aid.
After all, not all fermented meals include good micro organism. What’s extra, not all fermented meals are extremely useful. Overly processed or pasteurized commercially-produced fermented meals typically lose their probiotic advantages because the probiotics are destroyed throughout processing.
ARE FERMENTED FOODS GOOD FOR DOGS?
Scientific research counsel that fermented meals have many well being advantages for canines. They embody:
- Improves glucose tolerance
- Prevents diarrhea
- Will increase immune system perform
- Promotes good intestine micro organism
- Boosts melatonin to steadiness the sleep-wake cycle
- Protects in opposition to malignant tumors and viruses
- Improves canine cognition
- Breaks down advanced carbohydrates and easy sugars
- Helps coronary heart and colon well being
- Treats canine allergic reactions
Many think about fermented meals like Gussy’s Intestine to be the lacking hyperlink in fashionable canine vitamin. Simply take a look at our four-legged companions’ ancestors as proof. For tens of millions of years, grey wolves buried their bones within the soil and allow them to ferment. Wolves devoured fermented greens from their prey’s guts, and grey wolf pups even ate their very own poop to ascertain their intestine microbiome. In different phrases, finding out the dietary habits of our canines’ ancestors factors to the significance of fermented meals within the canine food plan.
Gussy’s Intestine is an organization devoted to the microbiome of canines. They make a fermented pet food topper for grownup canines and puppies. It is available in a handy powdered type that’s simply added to contemporary pet food, uncooked pet food, moist pet food, or dry canine kibble. Gussy’s Intestine shouldn’t be a substitution for high-quality pet food however relatively a low calorie and nutrient-packed topper in your canine’s dinner bowl.
Gussy’s Intestine was created with Dr. Ian Billinghurst, an internationally-renowned veterinary surgeon that has 50+ years of expertise and a number of other finest promoting books on canine vitamin. Dr. Billinghurst’s ebook “Give Your Canine a Bone” is given credit score for sparking the worldwide uncooked pet meals motion. He’s thought of the “father of the uncooked meals” motion (aka BARF food plan). To study extra about uncooked meals for canines, learn DJANGO’s Newbie’s Information to Uncooked Canine Meals.
Gussy’s Intestine comprises 19 enzymatically activated human-grade components nonetheless of their uncooked type (extra on this under). The topper comprises over 180 probiotics, nutritional vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytonutrients, enzymes, and flavonoids. Additionally it is extremely concentrated. Only one teaspoon of Gussy’s Intestine Every day equates to 2 ounces of uncooked superfoods in your canine.
In contrast to many fermented human meals which are excessive in salt, Gussy’s Intestine is made to be extraordinarily wholesome and avoids such innutritious components. Certainly, Gussy’s Intestine is made with ailing canines in thoughts and claims to be useful for canines with weight, kidney, liver, sodium, and phosphorus points.
Every pouch of Gussy’s Intestine Every day is 7.5 oz, though 3.0 oz samples are additionally accessible. The corporate recommends 1 serving (1 teaspoon) per 10-20 lbs of your pup’s physique weight. There are 135 teaspoon servings per pouch.
GUSSY’S GUT DISCOUNT CODE
Take 10% off a 3 oz pattern of Gussy’s Intestine Every day with the promo code DJANGO.
WHAT IS IN GUSSY’S GUT DAILY?
Gussy’s Intestine Every day, the 7.5 ounce package deal, is made with natural superfoods which embody, darkish leafy greens, greens, berries, and herbs in addition to dairy merchandise (uncooked kefir). In truth, other than the uncooked grass-fed goat kefir, each ingredient in Gussy’s Intestine Every day is licensed natural. (See a breakdown and outline of all Gussy’s Intestine components under.)
All Gussy’s Intestine plant-based components are sourced from bio-dynamic and regenerative farms. All dairy merchandise come from natural and/or grass-fed sheep farms.
Gussy’s Intestine makes use of their wild fermentation methodology to maximise the dietary worth of each teaspoon of topper. Substances are macerated right into a paste and fermented for two weeks. They’re then strained by hand right into a cheesecloth and freeze-dried over 29 hours at not more than 60°F, so the product stays uncooked and the probiotic worth shouldn’t be degraded. The fermentation course of used to make the topper in the end creates nutrient-dense components that mimic the intestine contents of a rabbit, lizard, or hen for instance.
Under is an inventory of the 19 energetic and three inactive components in Gussy’s Intestine in addition to an outline of the potential canine well being advantages of every.
- Spinach. Spinach promotes imaginative and prescient and coronary heart well being. The leafy inexperienced vegetable can be recognized to strengthen bones and decrease the danger of colon most cancers.
- Kale. Kale helps to detoxify the liver, stave off infections, and combat canine most cancers.
- Parsley. Full of nutritional vitamins A, C, and Okay, this jap Mediterranean herb promotes liver well being, imaginative and prescient, and immune well being. Parsley may assist with the formation of blood clots.
- Cabbage. Cabbage promotes intestine well being and pores and skin. The cruciferous veggie additionally helps combat canine rectal, colon, and mammary gland tumors.
- Cauliflower. Cauliflower comprises glucosinolates which cease most cancers cells from forming. This low-calorie, fiber-packed veggie additionally promotes digestive and bowel well being.
- Broccoli. Broccoli is a wholesome supply of calcium and promotes bone well being. Research have additionally proven that broccoli might be efficient in suppressing tumor progress.
- Beets. Beets are wonderful for canine digestion and the immune system. The foundation greens additionally promote wholesome pores and skin and coats.
- Cilantro. Cilantro might calm your canine’s upset tummy. The Mediterranean herb can decelerate or kill 12 bacterial strains, together with salmonella and E. coli.
- Dandelion. Dandelions have twice as a lot protein as spinach. This traditional spring tonic herb can stimulate your canine’s urge for food and enhance his upset abdomen. It could combat free radicals, improve liver circulation, and decrease blood strain.
- Grass-fed goat kefir. This yogurt-like drink is made by fermenting the lactose in goat’s milk. Kefir has greater than 50 species of lactic acid micro organism and yeast which will help regulate your canine’s digestive tract.
- Wild blueberries. Wild blueberries are a wonderful supply of fiber, phytochemicals, and Vitamin C. Whereas your canine’s liver naturally produces vitamin C, this important antioxidant might assist combat malignant mammary tumors in canines. It could additionally decrease a kind of dangerous ldl cholesterol referred to as “very low-density lipoprotein” by 44%. Wild blueberries might even scale back mind getting older and irritation.
- Milk thistle. A member of the ragweed household, milk thistle fights irritation and most cancers. The flowering herb can be used to deal with Giardia in canines with liver illness.
- Rosemary. Rosemary can promote temper and reminiscence well being. Apart from being a pure flea repellent, the medicinal herb may combat canine coronary heart illness and most cancers.
- Turmeric. This good yellow spice fights coronary heart illness and diabetes in canines. Italian researchers additionally discovered that turmeric can improve your senior canine’s joint mobility.
- Artichokes. Artichokes act as a wonderful prebiotic which will help your canine repopulate their intestine naturally. They will help increase metabolism and immune system well being. These edible Mediterranean thistles may also forestall inflammatory bowel illness (IBD) in canines, based on a 2017 research.
- Decaffeinated Inexperienced Tea. Caffeine-free inexperienced tea might enhance insulin sensitivity in diabetic canines. It could additionally assist forestall mammary tumors in feminine canines that aren’t mounted or have been spayed after age 2. This is likely one of the prime suggestions of Dr. Karen Becker in The Perpetually Canine: Stunning New Science to Assist Your Canine Companion Dwell Youthful, More healthy, and Longer.
Alfalfa. As a result of Alfalfa is a pure inflammatory, it’d relieve your pup’s joint ache. It could additionally decrease his ldl cholesterol and stop urate bladder stones. As well as, it offers unbelievable hint minerals that the majority canines simply don’t obtain of their diets.
Kelp. Kelp helps your canine’s endocrine system (e.g., thyroid, GI tract, pancreas, liver, and ovaries or testes). Additionally it is an incredible supply of hint minerals.
HOW DO I FEED GUSSY’S GUT?
Feed your canine Gussy’s Intestine as soon as a day or each different day. Use 1-2 teaspoons per 20 kilos of physique weight. For long-term advantages, be constant. Wish to make your funds stretch? Feed your canine uncooked veggies each different day. For those who feed your canine kibble, combine in simply sufficient water to rehydrate the freeze-dried components. It ought to have a thick gravy or salsa consistency.
- In 1999, Rob Ryan adopted his first black Lab named Buddy. The tiny pet was lined in mites and scratching a lot that his hair began to fall out. After dragging him to 4 conventional vets, Ryan started trying to find different therapeutic strategies on Yahoo. He employed Dr. Marty Goldstein, an integrative veterinarian with greater than 40 years of expertise. Dr. Marty launched Ryan to Dr. Ian Billinghurst to study the uncooked pet food food plan. Rob employed Dr. Billinghurst again in 1999 to study all about uncooked feeding.
- Gussy’s Intestine was based in January 2022. It’s named after Ryan’s black Lab, Gusto, which means “a zest for all times” in Italian. He goes by “Gussy”.
Gusto obtained into the rubbish. The male Labrador pet refused to eat for 8 days. After 3 days, he wouldn’t drink coconut water. “It’s like sweet to him,” Rob says. “We knew there was some obstruction, however we couldn’t discover it on the sonogram.” Gusto ended up passing the plastic lid of a half-and-half container, however his stool was slimy and runny. After placing him on veterinarian-approved probiotics, Ryan began making his personal fermented pet food topper. This was the start of Gussy’s Intestine.
- Gussy’s Intestine is at present creating a freeze-dried tripe canine deal with, microbiome canine shampoo, and an enzymatic canine toothpaste made with natural Aloe Vera as its principal base.
- As well as, Gussy’s Intestine works with pet meals firms. They’ve simply partnered with Steve Actual Meals. They’re the featured ingredient of their Protein Bites product. Gussy’s Intestine will announce further partnerships in 2023 with premium uncooked pet food manufacturers.
1. HAS GUSSY’S GUT EVER BEEN RECALLED?
The U.S. Meals and Drug Administration has by no means recalled Gussy’s Intestine’s probiotic superfood powder.
2. WHERE IS GUSSY’S GUT DAILY MADE?
Gussy’s Intestine Every day is made in a B-certified facility within the USA. The girl-owned manufacturing firm pays its staff a residing wage.
3. IS GUSSY GUT’S ORGANIC?
Apart from the grass-fed goat kefir, each energetic ingredient in Gussy’s Intestine Every day is licensed natural.
4. IS GUSSY’S GUT PACKAGING ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY?
Gussy’s Intestine is upgrading to 100% licensed recyclable packaging in January 2023.
5. WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF GUSSY’S GUT?
Gussy’s Intestine has a 5-year shelf life. This freeze-dried canine topper has a pH of 4.5 and 12% or beneath moisture. “Pathogens cannot dwell in that acidic atmosphere,” Rob says. “Gussy’s Intestine is safer than any meals you may eat at a restaurant.”
6. CAN I RETURN GUSSY’S GUT?
Gussy’s Intestine will refund the acquisition worth (minus the delivery and dealing with price every approach). The Colorado-based pet well being firm suggests ordering a Every day 3 oz pack to see how a lot your pup loves the style.
GUSSY’S GUT DISCOUNT CODE:
Use Gussy’s Intestine coupon code DJANGO for 10% OFF a 3 oz pattern of Every day.