The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is searching for an Editor-in-Chief to hitch the editorial crew of Journal of Zoology.
Journal of Zoology publishes high-quality, unique analysis papers and critiques that advance our understanding of animals and their methods. Matters embrace, however should not restricted to, ecology, animal behaviour, anatomy, developmental biology, evolution, genetics, genomics, morphology and physiology.
We welcome functions from any tutorial who feels they might drive the event of Journal of Zoology from an editorial and neighborhood perspective. By making this open name we’re aiming to draw functions from researchers all over the world.
The principle tasks of the Editor-in-Chief embrace:
- Working with Senior Editors to develop the editorial technique and course of the Journal
- Offering editorial oversight to make sure truthful and constant peer assessment and the very best requirements of scientific observe within the analysis revealed within the Journal
- Performing as an envoy and creating a way of neighborhood across the Journal through e.g., editorials, options or social media posts, in order that readers and potential authors are inspired to see the Journal as a house for his or her analysis
- Commissioning Particular Points, critiques or mini-series that enhance understanding of a specific subject in zoology
- Main the Journal’s Equality, Variety and Inclusion initiatives by creating alternatives for wider participation
- Selling the Journal at conferences
- Attending Editorial Board conferences
The Editor-in-Chief isn’t anticipated to deal with submitted papers however could also be requested to approve last selections made by editorial board members. Administrative assist is supplied by the Editorial Workplace on the Zoological Society of London (ZSL). The Editor-in-Chief will obtain an annual honorarium of £1500.
A researcher with a PhD in a area related to the Journal’s scope
Robust publication report for present profession stage
Experience in related topic areas
Earlier editorial expertise
To use, please e mail your CV and a canopy letter to JZO.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please define your editorial expertise thus far and describe why you want to be part of the crew. For additional data, please e mail email@example.com
Deadline for functions: 31 October 2022